Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

3-4 Months

I can't believe Nathan is coming up on 4 months old. It's unbelievable to think how fast time is going by. He is growing like a weed. He is going in for his 4 month well baby check next Saturday, so I will post his stats following the appointment, but I have a feeling he is going to top the charts for his height and weight. He has been such a blessing in our lives. People were right when they said that we would love him more than words can say. I had to start back at work in the beginning of January, and boy, that was tough. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom. I love my job, and I though for sure I would want to go back to work, but after having Nathan all I want is to be home with him. This made it all that much harder to leave him at daycare. The first week was really rough. I fought back tears all the way to drop him off and then all the way to work the first day. It was so much harder than I though it would be. It has definitely gotten easier with time. I think I am finally adjusting to working part time. I'm just thankful I only have to work three days a week. Besides being exhausted, I think my schedule is a nice balance between work-life and home-life. It seems like Nathan is really enjoying daycare which helps a lot. He loves to watch the older kids play, and the older kids love having him around. They are very interested in the "babies" and love to talk and play with Nathan.

Jan. 3 - 3 months old
My mom has a picture of all of us kids standing like this at 3 months, so we had to get one of Nathan.

Nathan is getting to be so much fun. His little personality is really starting to show. He is quite an active little guy, but he loves to be held. He can be super cuddly, but also loves to do his morning exercises on his little play mat. He has definitely found his hands and has started to deliberately grab at his toys. He has been smiling in response to us for awhile now. It is so much fun to make him smile and giggle. It's the cutest thing! Last Wednesday he reached a big milestone and rolled over for the first time. It was so exciting. The first time he rolled over he was home with Dad, but when I got home he did it right away for me too. He rolled from his back to his front. The first couple times, he kept getting his arm stuck underneath him, but a few days later, he figured out how to get it out from underneath him. He catches on pretty quick.

Our happy little guy

Playing on his mat

So happy in his Jumperoo

2 comments:

  1. That hat is adorable, but the baby underneath the hat is even more adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie in that hat. And he is so happy! Good Job Joana and Steve

    ReplyDelete