Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

STP

July 17-18, 2010

Steve participated in the Seattle-to-Portland bike ride this year. It took some training over the spring and summer months, but I think it was well worth it. The training paid off, and he made it all the way to Portland feeling pretty good. I was so impressed. I'm sure it was very gratifying for him, and we were very proud.

My mom drove down to Portland on Saturday with me to keep me company. It was so nice to have her with me. We spent Saturday afternoon/evening with the Timms who live right outside of Portland. It was so great to see them and spend some time with them and their kids. Hani and Danielle were also visiting, so we had a great bbq with everyone. My mom and I stayed in a hotel that night. We got to take Nathan swimming which is always so much fun since he doesn't get to experience the water all that often. The next morning we met up with the Timms again and went blueberry picking. You should have seen all the delicious blueberries we came home with! I had never been blueberry picking, so it was fun to try, and it is definitely something I would do again. Afterwards, Brian went and picked Steve up from the finish line. He went prepared with Gatorades and snacks to refuel Steve. When they returned, we all went out for a late lunch before heading back to Seattle. What a great weekend!



Nathan has been practicing his walking, but still needs something to hang on to.

Grammy and Nathan

Isaiah

Ashley and Nathan playing at the water table

Swimming with Mommy

Ashley and Nathan blueberry picking

No comments:

Post a Comment