Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Poulsbo Shower - 31 Weeks! - August 1st

My best friend, Rachel, threw me a shower at my parent's house on August 1st. She planned an awesome shower. I can't thank her enough. Steve's mom and her sister, Aunt Paula, came into town earlier in the week to help prepare for the shower. They did an amazing job with everything. They made the cutest little monkey cupcakes and hands and feet cookies and put together a very creative fruit salad. They worked really hard in the 100 degree weather to get everything prepared on time.

Preparing for the shower

Little baby hands and feet cookies

Such a creative fruit salad

Adorable monkey cupcakes

Rachel and I under the "Nathan" banner Rachel made for me. It's now hanging in Nathan's room. It looks adorable! You do such great work, Rachel!

Steve put together an awesome video of all of Nathan's ultrasound pictures to play during the shower.

It was a hot day, but that didn't stop us from having a great party. It meant a lot to me that so many people came to support us. Some of the people that came have know me since I was born, my grade school teacher was there, and a lot of family and friends. Nathan received so many great gifts. He is going to be one well-dressed kiddo. Steve's mom made him a beautiful quilt. It goes perfectly in the nursery. She also made us an awesome diaper bag with a bunch of little accessories like a cute little binkie bag that hooks onto the strap. She always does such amazing work.

Gorgeous blanket made by Aunt Paula

Nathan's quilt made by Janet

Grandma, Mom Ollos, Mom Powell, Me

Playing the "diaper cake" game



Working hard to make diaper cakes - who can make the best one?


A completed diaper cake

My good friends, Danielle and Emily came over from Seattle to go to the shower. The boys brought Ashley over after the shower and stayed for a birthday BBQ for Steve.


No comments:

Post a Comment